Radio Show

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
He said Days would be at BB and if CJ showed him this week that he had his assignments down, that he probably would too.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Talked about Snoddy but said he is strictly an A-back. Liked how Perkins is playing and talked about his blocking ability.

I wished someone had asked about the onside kick. If they did ask, I missed it. I liked the call and it caught UNC off guard. It was almost well executed. To be well executed, you have to get the football.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Talked about Snoddy but said he is strictly an A-back. Liked how Perkins is playing and talked about his blocking ability.

I wished someone had asked about the onside kick. If they did ask, I missed it. I liked the call and it caught UNC off guard. It was almost well executed. To be well executed, you have to get the football.
I missed the first 5 mins of show, but nobody asked this question while I listened. Obviously, a lot of questions about the D and compliments on the O.

gtcole

Jolly Good Fellow
CPJ mentions JHD probably "best player we have on defense". Speaks volumes to what kind of impact losing him this year has had on the defense.

Also said he was up to 280. I feel like we'd still be undefeated with him and whitehead on the field

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
Days at 280!?! Someone tell me this isn't going to be a "takes special walks with CPJ in offseason" kind of weight gain ala TJ Barnes and Dwyer.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Also said he was up to 280. I feel like we'd still be undefeated with him and whitehead on the field

I agree. It's what I was saying during the game .... with a much better DL we'll stop the gash and also get pressure on the QB. And JHD will be a big part of that since he is a known quantity. People mocked me in the UNC chat when I talked about next year's team, but dammit we do have something to look forward to. A great O, very good to great ST and good D.

Just need to get some BB experience for next year which I hope starts Saturday. I'd say AB, but we are so stacked with Srs that playing anyone else doesn't make sense.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I agree. It's what I was saying during the game .... with a much better DL we'll stop the gash and also get pressure on the QB. And JHD will be a big part of that since he is a known quantity. People mocked me in the UNC chat when I talked about next year's team, but dammit we do have something to look forward to. A great O, very good to great ST and good D.

Just need to get some BB experience for next year which I hope starts Saturday. I'd say AB, but we are so stacked with Srs that playing anyone else doesn't make sense.
Mason will be a huge loss as will all the Abacks. Not saying we won't find guys to fill their shoes, just saying it could go either way, you can't assume anything. Damn, forgot about Smelter and Waller, too.

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
Mason will be a huge loss as will all the Abacks. Not saying we won't find guys to fill their shoes, just saying it could go either way, you can't assume anything. Damn, forgot about Smelter and Waller, too.
Smelter is going to be tough to replace, like when Bay Bay moved on to the nfl.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Smelter is going to be tough to replace, like when Bay Bay moved on to the nfl.
We are gonna be rebuilding half the O next year, but it's the half you want to be replacing if you have to. The heart of the the O is coming back and has a higher ceiling and should be better than this year - the entire OL minus Mason and most importantly, JeT.

As far as the skill guys go, looks like our starting Bback for next year is gonna be getting valuable reps this year (Leggett). Juene has been tabbed the wr of the future and it will be his turn to step up. Messick's been in the program just as long and needs to make the next step, as well. We also have 3 true frosh coming on board at wr assuming they sign in Feb. (Philpot, Howell, Singleton) Maybe one makes a big splash and can contribute early, who knows? 3 committed Abacks, as well.

Where I'm most nervous is that we've always had a stud blocking Aback, the line of studs goes back to Roddy Jones, then Robbie Godhigh and now Perkins and Days. I don't know who the next one is gonna be if at all. Waller and Smelter are beasts blocking on the edge too. I'm afraid our edge blocking is gonna take a big hit next year. That can stop our O in it's tracks, as well know too well.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
We do lose some of our best players on offense (Smelter...best WR, Mason...best OL, Waller...2nd best WR, Laskey...our top BB, Days...our best blocking AB and #2 BB, Zenon...our most dynamic AB, Perkins....our best "big" AB). That's a LOT of talent leaving the team.

The good thing is we're returning the most explosive QB we've ever had, and our OL will probably be our best overall OL we've ever had. Next year will really test the question of which is more important in this offense: OL or skill players.

CPJ has had a lot of inconsistencies on defense during his tenure, but his offenses have always been good to very good so I'm not really worried about it. Someone will step up to take the place of guys who have vacated. I'm WAAAY more worried about the defense.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
So we are a year away again lol.

We lose ALOT on O next year. ALOT.
Natural attrition I can handle, it happens to everyone. The factories hedge against it by oversigning. We don't go that route and I'm proud of that even though it puts us further behind the 8 ball than we already are.

Unnatural attrition is much harder to swallow like what happened last offseason.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
We are going to be REALLY young at RB...both spots...and that concerns me.

but what I have come to learn since CPJ has been here....year in and year out we have put a offense on the field that allows us to be in games.

Our offense may not put up 40 every game but they will do enough for us to have a chance to win.

Our defense remains the top concern.