My Favorite Conversations from Fan Day

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think my favorite conversation from Fan Day was with CJ Leggett. In fact, I know it was. He took some time with me during all the craziness. One of the things I asked him about was how he felt about starting out at BB. I told him how I just keep hearing nobody likes to play the position and it is a big turn off to premier backs etc. etc. He looked at me like I was crazy. "Are you kidding me?" "I can't wait"

The bottom line is, and I don't want to quote here because I am not absolutely positive about the accuracy of my words, (paraphrasing) he loves the possibility of the number of carries and the chance to run on the inside. He believes he is a physical runner who will thrive in that role. The piercing look he gave me with his eyeballs passed the Boomer BS test with flying colors. He made me believe THIS is the offense he wants to play in and THIS is the position he would play over any other. I appreciated his candor and enthusiasm. In the end, I told him how impressed I was with his film and how exciting a player he was. I have a good feeling about him.

My second favorite conversation came with Anthony Harrell under the LB tent. I just casually asked him how his knee was and if he felt like he was going to be ready. He responded with vigor and, I kid you not, foam in the corners of his mouth and fire in his eyes, like his return was imminent and he wasn't messing around. That kid is anxious and ready to play. I can only imagine the intensity he plays with if he responds to a casual question in this way. I have no idea what impact he will have this season, but I feel sure that if he can.....he will. That is one intense individual.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@Boomergump did you get a chance to talk to PJ Davis and Freeman. Both of these players seem hungry!!! The twins and Tre seem to fit this description as well.

I like the guys that want to play so bad that the burning fire in them burst out in what they say and how they play. They come from the other side of the field to make the tackle. They never say that this is another man's responsibility.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think my favorite conversation from Fan Day was with CJ Leggett. In fact, I know it was. He took some time with me during all the craziness. One of the things I asked him about was how he felt about starting out at BB. I told him how I just keep hearing nobody likes to play the position and it is a big turn off to premier backs etc. etc. He looked at me like I was crazy. "Are you kidding me?" "I can't wait"

The bottom line is, and I don't want to quote here because I am not absolutely positive about the accuracy of my words, (paraphrasing) he loves the possibility of the number of carries and the chance to run on the inside. He believes he is a physical runner who will thrive in that role. The piercing look he gave me with his eyeballs passed the Boomer BS test with flying colors. He made me believe THIS is the offense he wants to play in and THIS is the position he would play over any other. I appreciated his candor and enthusiasm. In the end, I told him how impressed I was with his film and how exciting a player he was. I have a good feeling about him.

My second favorite conversation came with Anthony Harrell under the LB tent. I just casually asked him how his knee was and if he felt like he was going to be ready. He responded with vigor and, I kid you not, foam in the corners of his mouth and fire in his eyes, like his return was imminent and he wasn't messing around. That kid is anxious and ready to play. I can only imagine the intensity he plays with if he responds to a casual question in this way. I have no idea what impact he will have this season, but I feel sure that if he can.....he will. That is one intense individual.
Let me tell you one thing about Harrell...that is one bad man. There is not one man on that roster that would want to go toe to toe with that guy. He has a mean streak that is scary. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes an NFL squad.