Offered Miles Taylor - S (@milesandmiless)

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Recruiting: Football 2014' started by Eric, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator Staff Member

I have been friends with Miles for a good while...we would chat every now and then. He would keep me updated on things and let me know about some targets and ask what I knew about stuff. ..when the rumor of him visiting PSU started awhile back he messaged me right away and wanted for me to get it out that he wasnt and he was solid to GT.

A few months ago I sent him a message about something and he never replied back...about a week or two later I sent him another message asking something and he didnt reply for a few days. When we got on the topic of GT it was something that he didnt want to really want to talk about...after that he hasnt talked to any reporter from the GT side in awhile which made it more obvious.

Since I have been following recruiting awhile I could tell the writing was on the wall then.

2. croberts

croberts Ramblin' Wreck

Mike reminds me of Jamea on the defensive side of the ball but may be better on offense. Just a real stud. Has shot up the charts as fast as Autry has fallen.

3. Eric

Not a bad comparison.

Jemea orginally came to Tech as an A back.

4. croberts

croberts Ramblin' Wreck

Thanks so much for the insight and all that you do.

nodawgs, jwsavhGT, awbuzz and 3 others like this.
  5. Eric

Not a problem...I love recruiting!

6. CuseJacket

CuseJacket Moderator Staff Member

7. TheSilasSonRising

TheSilasSonRising Ramblin' Wreck

While true, and I am not referring to the young man the topic of this post, I wish we had parents that would teach young people the value of keeping their word.

8. yellowRambler

yellowRambler Jolly Good Fellow

Isn't Jalen Johnson still slotted at S? Taylor seemed like a good athlete, but he didn't have great size at the S.

9. mts315

mts315 Ramblin' Wreck

Yeah like Mike Rogers and Mike Sawyers. I expect you to be dissapointed if they commit to us.

10. Eric

Yes Johnson is still a S..6 ft really isnt bad size for a S...I want Mike Rogers at S and he is only 6 ft.

Taking a look at the NFL pro bowl roster

Eric Berry - 6 ft
    Eric Weddle - 5 ft 11
    TJ Ward - 5 ft 10
    Antrel Rolle - 6 ft
    Jarius Byrd - 5 ft 10
    Eric Reid - 6 ft 1

11. Eric

12. Eric

I am talking to Miles now...he gave me some stuff to pass on.

13. Eric

From Miles

"Just let people know that from a players standpoint this is all a business to the coaches. GT was my 1st choice don't get that wrong. Why go on this visit then? Well when it's all a business to the coaches they forget about what they have and try to obtain more. Long story short don't know if I was one of those guys come early fall. No communication for months what so ever. No coaches coming during open period to see you and you're teammates. No relationship was formed. Like I said when I first committed I'm as committed to GT as long as they are committed to me. and I didn't feel like it was there the commitment between the both of us. many people just look at the kids and put them at fault for decommitting and some of that is true but some of that is not true and it goes back to the coaches. Sorry for the news, I still have love for all the GT players and fans out there! stay blessed!

"Tell the GT community and fans that they're great people!"

14. DvilleJacket

DvilleJacket Ramblin' Wreck

Sounds familiar with some players in the past that flipped.

15. ATL1

ATL1 Helluva Engineer

It's a two way street.
    But why it had to be like this?

16. GaTechYellowJackets

GaTechYellowJackets Jolly Good Fellow

Really like this guy. Hope we can keep him. Is he decommitting for sure Eric? I can't really tell from his statement but it sure seems like it.

Edit: Nevermind. I saw your tweet. What a bummer man. Makes me mad because I really liked this kid. Seemed to have a level head and at least cares about what the fans think.

17. Eric

He is gone, told me he is "Iowa all the way" now

18. Eric

and guys please do me a favor and dont go posting this on paysites.

daBuzz and awbuzz like this.
  19. GTsuperfan

GTsuperfan Georgia Tech Fan

What a terrible excuse. GT has been committed to this kid; otherwise he wouldn't still have an offer. It's clear his support system is broken as he's clearly loving the attention. Like a 20 year old vulnerable girl with no father. The last dude who said I love you is who she's sleeping with. Smh!

20. GTsuperfan

GTsuperfan Georgia Tech Fan

What a terrible excuse. GT has been committed to this kid; otherwise he wouldn't still have an offer. It's clear his support system is broken as he's clearly loving the attention. Like a 20 year old vulnerable girl with no father. The last dude who said I love you is who she's sleeping with. Smh!