Happy 404 Day!

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
It was painful to watch some Saturdays! I don’t know what happened because Temple was very competitive while CGC was there. We’re in good hands now that’s for sure.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
It was painful to watch some Saturdays! I don’t know what happened because Temple was very competitive while CGC was there. We’re in good hands now that’s for sure.
Temple was still coasting on the recruits and scheme Matt Rhule brought to the table. It declined under CGC. Much like most of the defenses he's led - his predecessors advanced to bigger roles because they were hired away, and he was able to coast just long enough before bolting to give the impression of competence.

Now, whether there IS actually some competence to him as a DC underneath all that remains to be seen. There may be, and there may have been. But breaking down the history, it sure looks like he benefitted a lot from coattails.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I felt so bad for that poor announcer that had to say “It’s Moneeeeeeeey Doooooown!!!!!!”

Only for us to give up the first down time and time again.
It really turned out as a thing of cosmic beauty, in a depressing way.

Every time they yelled Money Down (which embarrassed the heck out of the fans), and we didn't stop the opposing offense (which was most of the time), we could literally see all the money we were throwing down the drain.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Temple was still coasting on the recruits and scheme Matt Rhule brought to the table. It declined under CGC. Much like most of the defenses he's led - his predecessors advanced to bigger roles because they were hired away, and he was able to coast just long enough before bolting to give the impression of competence.

Now, whether there IS actually some competence to him as a DC underneath all that remains to be seen. There may be, and there may have been. But breaking down the history, it sure looks like he benefitted a lot from coattails.
I always wondered if his hatred toward CPJ, besides simple jealousy, had to do with how Johnson took apart his vaunted Miss State defense. He could just be so petty at times, something you rarely see among competent professionals in coaching.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
There WAS a public flogging already.

IMG_0044.jpeg