GTSwarm.com's One Year Anniversary

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Georgia Tech Swarm Turns One

GTSwarm.com was launched on July 4th, 2013 so our community is officially one year old as of today. Still quite young but I think we matured quite a bit within the past year. I remember Eric and I getting in contact with each other late in June 2013 and we pretty much knew right away that we had the exact same vision as GT fans on what we wanted to accomplish. A couple of weeks later, the Georgia Tech Swarm was born.

We would like to sincerely thank all of you guys that’s been an active members of this community whether you've been with us since the beginning or you just registered and are starting to participate in discussions. When we started, not only did a lot of you buy into what we were trying to do but you guys also helped us spread the word about this new community to other GT fans, friends, and family. That really meant a ton to us when we started and it still means a lot to us now.

I’m sure everyone here would agree that this community wouldn’t be what it is today without @Eric. This shouldn’t have come as such a shock to me and I’m certain this isn’t a new revelation to many of you but I still have to mention that the amount of passion that Eric has for Georgia Tech is completely unparalleled. I considered myself a pretty big GT fan but after having the opportunity to work with Eric in the past year, I’m not convinced that I have even the fraction of passion for GT as Eric. I have a tremendous amount of respect and appreciation for all that Eric does for not only this community but for the Georgia Tech community in general. Truth be told, I have sometimes had the suspicion that Eric was a robot built by Georgia Tech because I swear the guy doesn’t seem to sleep… if anyone has any other theories on this, please post them here. :)

Big thanks to our moderators: @CuseJacket and @PowderSpringsJacket88. Being a moderator in a community filled with so many passionate fans can be quite daunting. It is often a thankless job so I would like to highlight them here. These two guys so far have done a great job serving this community during what limited free time they have so they have been instrumental to our first year.

Now with all that said, here are some interesting stats in GT Swarm's first year. These numbers were collected on July 3rd at around 7:30 PM ET.

Notable Threads
These are the record setting threads in our first year as a community.

Thread with the most replies (759) and views (45,399)
Myles Autry - RB (@KingCinco_)

Non-recruiting thread with most replies (339)
Addressing the Vad Lee situation
On the day that Vad Lee announced that he would transfer from Georgia Tech, we set the record for most threads started (30), posts (769) and posts liked (536).

Non-recruiting thread with most views (14,731)
Custis, Hunt-Days not eligible for ’14 football season

Top 5 Most Liked Posts
Here are the top 5 most liked posts in the past year.

#1 flea77 with 41 likes
http://gtswarm.com/community/threads/ol-will-bryan-_willbryan77.559/page-3#post-33935

#2 Eric with 37 likes
http://gtswarm.com/community/threads/recruiting-ramblings-6-27.2880/#post-56922

#3 Eric with 31 likes
http://gtswarm.com/community/threads/congrats-to-joe-hamilton.2629/

#4 Jackethawk with 28 likes
http://gtswarm.com/community/threads/db-aj-gray-aj_gray23.2037/page-3#post-56466

#5 Boomergump with 26 likes
http://gtswarm.com/community/threads/looking-ahead-qb.1561/

Notable Members
While this is not a contest, here are some Top 10 Lists of GT Swarm Members in a few different categories.

Top 10 by Likes/Post Ratio

#1 Boomergump 1.5748
#2 Ibeeballin 0.8930
#3 vamosjackets 0.8622
#4 Longestday 0.6716
#5 Squints 0.6264
#6 CuseJacket 0.6249
#7 Techster 0.6157
#8 thwgjacket 0.5950
#9 33jacket 0.5845
#10 GT Man 0.5455

Top 10 by Likes (Full List)

#1 Eric 3878
#2 Boomergump 1063
#3 dressedcheeseside 1053
#4 AE 87 714
#5 Techster 665
#6 CuseJacket 618
#7 ATL1 562
#8 OldJacketFan 551
#9 John 504
#10 vamosjackets 463

Top 10 by Posts (Full List)

#1 Eric 7262
#2 ATL1 2134
#3 dressedcheeseside 2101
#4 AE 87 1911
#5 OldJacketFan 1847
#6 IronJacket7 1141
#7 John 1104
#8 Techster 1080
#9 kg01 1061
#10 awbuzz 1051

Top 10 by Points (Full List)

#1 AE 87 113
#1 ATL1 113
#1 dressedcheeseside 113
#1 Eric 113
#1 John 113
#1 OldJacketFan 113
#1 Techster 113
#8 Boomergump 93
#8 CuseJacket 93
#10 IronJacket7 83
#10 kg01 83

Miscellaneous Statistics

Verified GT Athletes: 6
Featured Members: 5
Posts Removed: 509
Banned User Count: 6
Total Likes Given: 25557
Most Users Active Record: 725 (Set February 6th, 2014)
Most User Registered Record: 97 (Set December 16th, 2013)

We're only a few (still agonizingly long) months away from the start of the 2014 football season but it seems like with recruiting ramping up in the past month, the excitement is ramping up as well across all the different GT communities. No matter what, I'm looking forward to seeing what the Tech teams can do in 2014-2015.

Go Jackets!
THWG

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Great write up, John! Really appreciate the props!

As he mentioned above this site would not be where it's at today without the help from all of you guys! I really do appreciate all of our members and I especially want to thank all that actively participate on here. I personally think our recruiting forum is second to none.

My personal goals when John and myself started this site was to 1. Expand the Georgia Tech recruiting fan base and see us be a more active fan base in that area...and 2 have a site where just Georgia Tech could be discussed at all times without straying too far off topic...for me it helps pass the off-season by and I love talking Georgia Tech. I think we have surpassed both of the goals I had set.

For those who don't know this site would not be in existence without @John. He's the man behind the scenes that runs it all. He handles ALL the technical side of things. He makes the site what it is. I get more publicity or whatever have you but really I owe a ton to John. He presented me with a great opportunity and I couldn't be happier with where I'm at today. He allows my to just go out and post while he handles all of the real work. I really owe a lot to John and hope everyone really knows what a true assest he is to the Swarm!

Would also like to thank @CuseJacket and @PowderSpringsJacket88 for helping us mod the site...It isn't always the funniest job but I am really thankful that they donate the free time they have on here.

Once again I really do appreciate all of you guys and thanks for helping making the Swarm what it is today! I am look forward to continued growth and excited to see what the future holds for us!

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
Would just like to thank Eric, John, and the moderators for the amazing job they do on this site; by far and away my favorite board and I love how on-topic the discussions are kept. Please keep up the good work, and thank you for all that all that y'all do. God Bless.

AtWork

Jolly Good Fellow
Would just like to thank Eric, John, and the moderators for the amazing job they do on this site; by far and away my favorite board and I love how on-topic the discussions are kept. Please keep up the good work, and thank you for all that all that y'all do. God Bless.

+1

GTFan62

Jolly Good Fellow
This first year has been awesome for us fans. It's nice to get first-hand information quickly. Thank you for your hard work.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My personal goals when John and myself started this site was to 1. Expand the Georgia Tech recruiting fan base and see us be a more active fan base in that area...and 2 have a site where just Georgia Tech could be discussed at all times without straying too far off topic...for me it helps pass the off-season by and I love talking Georgia Tech. I think we have surpassed both of the goals I had set.

I too appreciate this site and the work that you guys do to provide it. it is a wealth of information and most importantly, is on task (GT sports) and free of the nonsense that you see on other sites. keep up the god work.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Not much to add that hasn't already been said. @Eric and @John are the guys that keep the engine running. The community is what it is because of the members. I'm just along for the ride and it's been a lot of fun.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Thanks to @Eric @John @CuseJacket and @PowderSpringsJacket88 for everything y'all do! ...

+1

Thanks to ya'll and those that bring in really good insight to the game. Helps me better understand the game, i.e. what's happening on the field on both sides of the ball.

You've got me addicted to having to at least check in and see what is going on.

Again THANK YOU!

P.S. Happy Birthday :D:cool:

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Let me say how much I appreciate this site and all the members that make it up. I know we have some spirited discussions, and different opinions on the GT staff, but that is part of what makes this site great. I have learned a lot from many of the members here. I really like the X and O discussions with @Boomergump, @stylee, @daBuzz, @nodawgs and many others.

I feel that overall this site embodies a common goal of seeing Tech being great in sports and academics. This is the only site I know of that does not go into meltdown mode after a loss. I have learned a lot by the many threads here.

I just wish we could make football season hurry up and get here.