GT - ND dates announced

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Notre Dame and FSU in 2015...along with the usual UGA and Clemson. Our defense and young BBs need to get up to speed FAST next year.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
If I'm still working in Chicago next year, I'm going to try and get to South Bend for the game.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I like the dates...sorta. Good to have earlier game up there and later down here...for weather reasons. 9/19 kinda screws with my anniversary though and I'm planning to go to the ND game next year....may have to make it an anniversary weekend / game....Now how to phrase that all pr

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I'm in for the ND game too. Anyone know when they start selling tickets?
From a ND alum at work "They will make them available to alum and contributors in July and then shortly thereafter they will be available to general public."

Also apparently they are excited about the match up with us because it's a traditional rival and they consider it a boost to their SOS unlike most other ACC teams.

Animal02

Banned
I'm in for the ND game too. Anyone know when they start selling tickets?

From past experience with Tech playing at ND......the tickets that Tech gets will get snapped up by the heavy hitters at Tech along with however many go to students......there have not been any available to the general public. (Don't know about through ND) In 2007, the visitor section was in the upper south endzone. I bought scalper tickets on the street, but that was before stubhub etc.
ND has a great area on the north end of campus for tailgating.......there were tons of Tech people there in 2007. Lots of players parents tailgating as well. It is definitely an experience you try to make.
ND fans were very pleasant as well. I will definitely be there in 2015

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
does ND still play Navy every year? Curious if so whether they play them before of after us?
Notre Dame will play Navy every year as long as there is a football program at both schools. Its Notre Dame's way of expressing its appreciation to the Naval Academy for saving Notre Dame during WWII.

In brief, during WWII, Notre Dame almost closed its doors due to enrollment decline caused by the war effort. Navy opened an operations/training center at ND which boosted enrollment high enough to allow ND to survive until the war ended. But for Navy, Notre Dame might have ended up a footnote in a couple of reference books.

Notre Dame version of the story

And for those on the fence about going to our game in South Bend, beg, borrow or steal a way to go. Notre Dame fans and campus and game day experience are the finest you will find anywhere.

bcaff

Jolly Good Fellow
Does it seem strange that we're gonna play ND more often than teams in our own conference (teams from the Atlantic other than Clemson)?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
....... they consider it a boost to their SOS unlike most other ACC teams.

They need the boost in SOS since they don't play a conference championship. They have traditionally had a weak schedule with the exception of 3 or 4 tough teams. So this year's one loss to FSU has knocked them out of the Championship series in most people's opinion..... I like playing them again too.

As to the games being scheduled so far out, other than the first two, the next ones are in light pencil. ND will have to join the ACC in football if they want to get into a super conference and also to have a conference championship game at the end of the season to get them into the 4 team series.

I like how tough our schedule has become. It will not be good for the W/L at first but will help develop our players and program back to the top and get us a lot more national attention.