GT depth chart for Pitt

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Hey E you sure this isn't the depth chart for UNC? There weren't any changes in the defensive personnel so this must be a stale depth chart. :meh:

(Ok, sorry it's outta my system now. On to Pitt.)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Hey E you sure this isn't the depth chart for UNC? There weren't any changes in the defensive personnel so this must be a stale depth chart. :meh:

(Ok, sorry it's outta my system now. On to Pitt.)
I'm with you, not a single change. Maybe Roof will make changes in scheme instead of personnel? ;)

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
Days, then Connors or Leggett. Seems about right. Maybe Leggett doesn't have to play at all?

Why not give Lynn Griffin a chance for serious gametime on D? One of our more athletic guys.

Days, then Connors or Leggett. Seems about right. Maybe Leggett doesn't have to play at all?

Why not give Lynn Griffin a chance for serious gametime on D? One of our more athletic guys.
Since Laskey has gone down I look to see if we continue to pass the ball better. It would be nice to the WR and AB step up big time.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Since Laskey has gone down I look to see if we continue to pass the ball better. It would be nice to the WR and AB step up big time.

I could see that. But then at legit dive threat is key to us opening up the passing game. This really might be a chance for Days or Connors to have a big day if Pitt does not respect the B-Back enough.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I don't understand this either. I mean, are we trying to make another Rudy? This move has just baffled me from day one.
I know how you feel. He went to my high school and I am friends with his brother, so I am rooting for him but his size/talent is just not there. We need to change it up!

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
I know how you feel. He went to my high school and I am friends with his brother, so I am rooting for him but his size/talent is just not there. We need to change it up![/QUOTE

maybe you should let Kyle know what you think of his talent. then again..maybe his little brother can whip your ***.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Stargel was the starter for weeks. Preseason i and many of us said that was a joke. He is awful. Yet. Here is the starter day one. He didnt make it to game 2 before being benched. Never to be heard from again. How is it some on this board like myself, @Boomergump etc can see this yet it takes the staff games? We all predicted it. Its things like this that tell me on the d side they have no clue what they are doing.

In comes chungong for like 1 or 2 games starting. Rarely to be heard from again.

Now travis. Yet when i watch travis film it is absolutely the worst i have seem maybe tied with stargel but in no ways better than chungong. Yet we continue to play him.

He went from never heard off for 4 years to starter in like a week. Wtf is going on?

So clearly. We are missing something and its more than the film.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Stargel was the starter for weeks. Preseason i and many of us said that was a joke. He is awful. Yet. Here is the starter day one. He didnt make it to game 2 before being benched. Never to be heard from again. How is it some on this board like myself, @Boomergump etc can see this yet it takes the staff games? We all predicted it. Its things like this that tell me on the d side they have no clue what they are doing.

In comes chungong for like 1 or 2 games starting. Rarely to be heard from again.

Now travis. Yet when i watch travis film it is absolutely the worst i have seem maybe tied with stargel but in no ways better than chungong. Yet we continue to play him.

He went from never heard off for 4 years to starter in like a week. Wtf is going on?

So clearly. We are missing something and its more than the film.
Again, none of us go to practices. These guys, Pelton and Roof, are hardly buffoons. They've got know who's better than who. Even if they didn't, CPJ is not one to sit idly by and watch them screw up our best chance to win games. I guess what you are saying is all 3 are complete freakin' idiots.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Again, none of us go to practices. These guys, Pelton and Roof, are hardly buffoons. They've got know who's better than who. Even if they didn't, CPJ is not one to sit idly by and watch them screw up our best chance to win games. I guess what you are saying is all 3 are complete freakin' idiots.

I think he's just saying they're getting it wrong. Coaches are indeed at practice but they are also susceptible to paralysis of analysis which I think has to be the reason he's still starting. They're not idiots but could certainly be thick-headed.

I'm sure the guys who are being passed over probably don't do as well in practice. That doesn't automatically mean they won't be as good in games. But, football coaches appear to be slaves to 'he who does x in practice will play'. Well, that doesn't always work. The evidence of that has been beaten into our heads the past few Saturdays.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck

You're pretty easy to rile up aren't you?

I think by saying "maybe something else is going on" op is implying that it has nothing to do with talent or work in practice, or that the coaches are all idiots...perhaps guys like chungong are in the dog house for some reason.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I think he's just saying they're getting it wrong. Coaches are indeed at practice but they are also susceptible to paralysis of analysis which I think has to be the reason he's still starting. They're not idiots but could certainly be thick-headed.

I'm sure the guys who are being passed over probably don't do as well in practice. That doesn't automatically mean they won't be as good in games. But, football coaches appear to be slaves to 'he who does x in practice will play'. Well, that doesn't always work. The evidence of that has been beaten into our heads the past few Saturdays.
Maybe so.