Braves Regular Season

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Braves win 5-2 behind another good effort by Sale. He hit 100 pitches after 5 IP, so it wasn’t a real clean game for him, but he didn’t allow any BB and he had 9 K, scattering 6 H and yielding only 1 ER. It appears the book on Braves pitching now is to work the count and run the pitch count up. The rotation has been very good lately.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
An interesting comment by Fried in the Bowman article. He is quoted as saying that he really, really did not want to come out after 6 IP, at 100 pitches with a no-no working, but Snit insisted he look at the big picture - it still being April (at the time) and with a long season ahead. However, he also said he understood Snit’s decision.

Of course, the game was subsequently blown by Minter.

Just goes to cement my perception that pitchers aren’t trained to go more than 100 pitches these days and the decisions are made by pitch count more than circumstances.

I don’t like taking a guy out who wants to stay in the game with a no-no heading into the 7th. TBH, to me that’s just stupid. Now if it’s been a rough game and the pitcher is worn out then sure, but that was not Fried the other night. Fried throws a high percentage of off speed stuff. Let the guy pitch another inning, but have the hook ready just in case.

Just my $.02 worth this Friday AM.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
An interesting comment by Fried in the Bowman article. He is quoted as saying that he really, really did not want to come out after 6 IP, at 100 pitches with a no-no working, but Snit insisted he look at the big picture - it still being April (at the time) and with a long season ahead. However, he also said he understood Snit’s decision.

Of course, the game was subsequently blown by Minter.

Just goes to cement my perception that pitchers aren’t trained to go more than 100 pitches these days and the decisions are made by pitch count more than circumstances.

I don’t like taking a guy out who wants to stay in the game with a no-no heading into the 7th. TBH, to me that’s just stupid. Now if it’s been a rough game and the pitcher is worn out then sure, but that was not Fried the other night. Fried throws a high percentage of off speed stuff. Let the guy pitch another inning, but have the hook ready just in case.

Just my $.02 worth this Friday AM.
I think if it were July, he would have pitched longer.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Bullpen drops another extra inning game. Hard to say they dropped it as I don’t think we ever led, but the box score is messed up and I fell asleep before the game started. Anyone stay up to watch?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Bullpen drops another extra inning game. Hard to say they dropped it as I don’t think we ever led, but the box score is messed up and I fell asleep before the game started. Anyone stay up to watch?

Yeah I'm a glutton for punishment.

LA led 2-1 into the 8th, Acuna homered to tie it. Then Raisel blew the save and they lost it in the 11th (iirc).

Morton pitched really well. Just the bats were impotent again against a middling pitcher.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It’s the Dodgers in Chavez Ravine. It happens. Elder needs his confidence back. He may not be a staff ace, but he could adorn many MLB staffs, IMPO. But… as always, we’ll see.

He's not been good since the first half of last year, imo.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Stinks to get swept, for sure, however the Dodgers are tough at home. Got to get Acuna, Riley, and Olson getting hits and not getting tossed out trying to stretch them out.

Dman374

Georgia Tech Fan
Been paying for Fubo for two months, and that ends today. Finally got this to work and wanted to share how I'm now watching the Braves for the rest of the season. Before you keep reading, open a new tab, or click this link to visit tailscale.com

Things you'll need:
  • Pocket Router (Or a router with VPN configuration) (Or apple tv depending on your setup)
  • A friend who lives out of the Braves market
  • A spare computer or apple tv at your friends house
  • A subscription to mlb.tv season pass (have T-Mobile and it's included)
  • Watch a few YouTube videos to setup, but it's really simple.
What I am using now is a VPN, but it's not a commercial VPN like surfshark, it's using your home network as the VPN. The specific product I'm using tailscale, which is a DIY friendly skin on WireGuard. I'm technical, but I have two small children and an impatient wife, so this was a win/win find for me. Essentially I have tailscale installed on my brothers Mac at his house. I then, depending on the TV at my house, have an Apple TV with the tailscale app installed, or a Roku connected to a pocket router with tailscale installed. Both Roku and Apple TV legit think I'm at my brothers house in Nevada. In the future if I have more time I would like to build a mini pc, or raspberry pi with this installed, but this has been the only thing I have found that works, and works consistently. MLB has been very good at finding out I'm on a VPN, and preventing me from watching my Braves. This has been the only thing that has been flawless and wanted to share. I hear there is another version of this that's more open source called headscale, but it doesn't have an Apple TV app, and would require more of my time and attention than my situation currently allows. Hope this helps!