2014-15 NBA Season Thread

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Disclaimer: (I get it, you don't like the NBA. Blah, blah, blah. Just don't click on the thread.)

Any early observations as the season gets started?

- Westbrook's gonna be out 4-6 weeks with a broken hand. Is the Thunder's championship window closed?

- Knicks knock off the King on his 'homecoming' opening game. Cavs offense struggled. Defense was non-existent at times, particularly from *gasp* Love. Of course they'll need time to gel so no need to overreact. Still though, last night was a bad night.

- Which of the Wiz, Hornets and Raptors will take that next step in the Eastern conference? Raps looked good as they throttled the Hawks in game 1.

- Hated seeing Randle go down with the broken leg in the Lakers game 1. Kinda wanted to see Kobe go for the playoffs to spoil the haters' plans on kicking him while he's down. I'm not even a Kobe fan but the shots folks take at him now are cowardly IMHO.

Thoughts?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Lebron is done. Old and broken down. Cant shoot anymore.

bosh_rage_face_by_wjm911-d501mn5.jpg

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I was watching the Knicks/Cavs, but then FSU/Louisville became more compelling, then the Knicks were tied at the half. Suffice to say, my last channel button on the remote got worn out last night.

Still can't believe my Knicks pulled it off. Don't they know we're [insert word for losing] for [insert name of top draft prospect]? We actually HAVE a pick this year!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I was watching the Knicks/Cavs, but then FSU/Louisville became more compelling, then the Knicks were tied at the half. Suffice to say, my last channel button on the remote got worn out last night.

Still can't believe my Knicks pulled it off. Don't they know we're [insert word for losing] for [insert name of top draft prospect]? We actually HAVE a pick this year!

After seeing a few games from the Knicks I can see them making the playoffs. Triangle may hinder them as their primary scorers are ISO guys (newsflash).

Congrats on having a pick, btw (due only to the NBA's rule against trading consecutive picks ;)).

chrsw003

Jolly Good Fellow
Won a 6 game parlay bet on all tonight's games lol they always like to make things to interesting. Kinda like tech games. Also, the over on the Hawks win total of 41.5 this year is easy money if they stay relatively healthy!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
For all you Cavs "fans", don't worry about James giving up down the stretch of games in this early season. It's all part of his master plan.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...ew-leadership-style-young-cleveland-cavaliers

Apparently he's letting them lose on purpose to teach them a lesson. :rolleyes: What a douche.
"Everyone wants to win, I would hope," James said. "Would you rather play selfish basketball and lose, or play unselfish basketball and sacrifice and win? So you pick it."

This style of leadership is not part of James' typical nature and it wouldn't be like him to keep it up very long. More likely, frustrated by the way the game unfolded as the Cavs' offense collapsed into one-on-one ball, this was his way of counting to 10 to calm down.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Wow. Sacto fires Malone. Dude was doing a good job considering the circumstances.

Also, Pacers, Nets and Clippers showing interest in Lantz.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Idk if anyone besides me likes the hawks, but they are ballin rn and just beat the Cavs badly. They are still one piece away from contending but I like what I'm seeing.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
And since Schroder and Mack are playing well at PG, I say they trade Teague and try to get that player who will bring them to the next level.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
And since Schroder and Mack are playing well at PG, I say they trade Teague and try to get that player who will bring them to the next level.

Whoa, whoa ... first of all there are actually a few Hawks fans that post here so you are among friends (except for all the HorCats fans who've gone silent for some reason ;)).

I'm not sure which of Teague or Schroder should be traded if at all. Is Schroder ready to do it night in and night out? I'm not sure. He's had a few dog games despite the fact that he's played quite well this season.

At the same time, Teague has taken over a few games and is a legit all-star candidate (if it weren't a total popularity contest). I'm kinda partial to keeping both and letting it play out. Gotta keep Mack since he's the perfect backup PG.

Honestly, the way the team is structured I'm not sure who/what they need to add in order to get to that next level. Most say they need that alpha scorer but it'd take too much assets to acquire. Plus do we really want to go back to the days of "throw it to him and let him dribble 25 seconds and launch a fadeaway"?

Many will disagree, but I think Joe Johnson would be the perfect piece to add to this team (money aside). Think about it, Joe without the expectation of being "the man".