Mack Brown

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
While I know college coaches contacts mean little, Lil Nicky knew Mack was going and yet signed his extensions at 'Bama. Now, question is, who does TX go after?

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Personally I think the best options for Texas is James Franklin, currently with Vandy. He's done wonders there with very limited recruiting and would exceed at Texas. Probably a few more names to watch out for: Major Applewhite (current OC and former QB for Texas), Kirby Smart, Bud Foster (it could happen), and Bobby Petrino (say what you want, man knows how to coach)

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Personally I think the best options for Texas is James Franklin, currently with Vandy. He's done wonders there with very limited recruiting and would exceed at Texas. Probably a few more names to watch out for: Major Applewhite (current OC and former QB for Texas), Kirby Smart, Bud Foster (it could happen), and Bobby Petrino (say what you want, man knows how to coach)
I don't think you're aiming high enough with your suggestions. Texas has a ton of money and is going to go out and get a proven, big name winner, someone like Meyer (not saying him, but someone like him). I'd say everyone except Saben, Meyer and Beamer are probably on the table. I'd bet for sure it won't be an asst coach somewhere. Hell, they may even go get someone from the pros. I could see them going after Wisenhunt or someone like that.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Texas will get who they want......they have great players and plenty of them.Ithink they get established coach with expierence...whoever they get will win.Cupboard is still loaded.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
This may be the toughest hiring decision that's come along in a while. The expectations of the TX faithful are among the highest, if not the highest, of any fan base in college football. Franklin is happy and well paid here in Nashville and if TX comes after him Vandy, if they choose, can match most any financial offer. I could see Jim Mora being looked at after his work at UCLA, maybe Malzhan, as the flavor of the month, Petrino if TX is willing to look past his off the field issues at Arky and his b.s with the Falcons but when you get right down to it an experienced, successful coach not named Saban, Meyer, Miles or Spurrier the pool shrinks significantly.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think if Texas hadn't tanked recently like they have, they'd probably have gone with a young, up-and-comer like Muschamp was (coach-in-waiting). Now that they've struggled a little, I think they'll go after a big name, a la Richt, Miles, etc. If it weren't for how long they've been at their schools, I'd say that Meyer and Davis would both be on the table, they may still be. I think Mora might be an option, but still wouldn't be surprised with someone like Wisenhunt for a few years.