Interview Jemal Averette Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Jemal Averette plays for one of the most well known high school programs in the country. There are two current players at Georgia Tech who also attended Good Counsel high school. “I actually have a friend that plays at Georgia Tech. Roderick Chungong. He was one of the role models on my team that I really looked up to him. He also plays the same postion as me.”

It is always a great advantage to have current players on your roster recruiting their friends in your favor. However, there is some competition for Averette brewing and it probably isn’t going to be cooling down.

What do you like about the recruiting process and visits?

“I like going on college visits and seeing how the players actually live on campus. I also like to see the academic life of the students.”

What position do you play and is it exactly the same as Rockerick?

“I would play more of a three technique. He is more of an outside technique I believe.”
Who is recruiting you from Georgia Tech?

“I have not really been getting recruited by Georgia Tech. I have a profile on ncsa sports which is where Coach Lamar Owens has viewed my profile a few times. I like Georgia Tech a lot!”

What would you say are your strengths and things you need to work on?

“I need to work on my speed and my stance a little more before I go to college.”

Do you already know what major you are going to declare in college?

“I plan on majoring in criminal justice where I plan to become a police officer.”

What are some important things to you about choosing a school?

“It all matters where I would fit in at the program. I would love to go to a big college but it matters if I would play or not. It also matters on how the education is.”

So when are you going to make your decision?

“I may decide before the season starts or it may be after.”

Who are your favorite schools and do you have a leader?

“Charlotte and Maryland are my favorites and Maryland is my leader if/when they offer me.”

Has Iowa offered?

“Yes.”

When are you coming to visit Georgia Tech?

“This weekend for camp.”

How important or big would it be for you to get an offer from Georgia Tech?

“Yeah, it would be big!”

So, any chance you might commit if Georgia Tech pulls the trigger and offers you?

“Yeah, maybe.”

Georgia Tech needs a couple of solid strong linemen who are used to going against tough competition. If you play at his high school then you can assure he is battle tested. Maryland has been a good state for Georgia Tech over the past four years and the trend should hopefully continue with Jemal!

Click here for the dedicated discussion thread for Jemal Averette

Last edited by a moderator:

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
And police officers dont do college, he can major in STAC and still be the smartest guy on the force. He has good size, hope he impresses the coaches and GT impresses him

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
He said that he loved it! Staff told him that he was one of the top performers at camp on the offensive line. They are going to contact him soon and let him know where they stand. By the way he said if Georgia Tech pulls the trigger then they are number one on his list. I would expect him to commit!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
He said that he loved it! Staff told him that he was one of the top performers at camp on the offensive line. They are going to contact him soon and let him know where they stand. By the way he said if Georgia Tech pulls the trigger then they are number one on his list. I would expect him to commit!

I thought he was DL.

PowderSpringsJacket88

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think we are going to slow playing him. I think we have 3-5 guys in front of him with 3-4 spots available. (Eric can get into the available spots more)

I think he has a good shot to earn one but not a done deal at all.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Powder is right...he is a backup option. If we miss on others he will get a offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.