Ty Griffin to Oregon

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
So you are telling me a kid who was our fourth string quarterback got a full ride scholarship to Oregon? Just goes to show you Oregon ain't all that!

Go Jackets!

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Not possible. I was reliably told by many on these message boards that we were his only offer and he wasn't good enough to go somewhere else. Interestingly enough, I keep hearing much of the same about Myles Autry. :whistle:

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Not possible. I was reliably told by many on these message boards that we were his only offer and he wasn't good enough to go somewhere else. Interestingly enough, I keep hearing much of the same about Myles Autry. :whistle:
Teams that recycle their rosters like aluminum cans can afford to take more chances.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I think Ty is a great athlete. Saw him play in HS, and he was dominant at times. We saw how athletic and fast he was during the spring game. I think his athleticism and speed will fit well with what Oregon does. It's not going to be at QB though...which I hear he's fine with.

That said, does Oregon even look Ty's way if his brother isn't a 5 star RB and the second coming of DeAnthony Thomas? I don't think so, but good on the Griffin family to leverage their position to get both sons on the same team at a premier football program.

And from Oregon's standpoint, you take a decent prospect if it guarantees you an elite prospect...I would have no problem if GT did the same.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I don't think that he would've ever seen time at QB at Tech. It's just my two cents, but Matthew Jordan and Ratliffe both seem like better QBs to me. I think Ty was pretty electric with the football in his hands and would have loved to see him at A-Back. Oh, well. Best of luck to him.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I don't think that he would've ever seen time at QB at Tech. It's just my two cents, but Matthew Jordan and Ratliffe both seem like better QBs to me. I think Ty was pretty electric with the football in his hands and would have loved to see him at A-Back. Oh, well. Best of luck to him.

Point well taken and like the description of "electric".
By way lots of Texas athletes go to Oregon and many return after a couple years.

Good luck to Ty .