New Pro Jackets Progress

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
What position is Simpson playing, 2nd base or OF?

That's a good question. I always thought he would be better suited for the outfield with that speed running down balls hit to the gaps. Playing second he always scared me a bit. His arm could be erratic.
He was in CF last season when I saw him at Low-A in Fredericksburg.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
That's a good question. I always thought he would be better suited for the outfield with that speed running down balls hit to the gaps. Playing second he always scared me a bit. His arm could be erratic.
I had to look it up...he is playing outfield exclusively, mostly centerfield. As a pro he has played exactly 1 inning on the infield.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I had to look it up...he is playing outfield exclusively, mostly centerfield. As a pro he has played exactly 1 inning on the infield.
That is where I would have him. I never felt like he could play infield at 2B in the pros. And it was ridiculous to play him at SS because of his arm, where our coaches had him starting in his first games at Tech. It was unbelievably painful for me to watch him try to play shortstop.
Wishing him a successful career as an outfielder as a pro.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
That is where I would have him. I never felt like he could play infield at 2B in the pros. And it was ridiculous to play him at SS because of his arm, where our coaches had him starting in his first games at Tech. It was unbelievably painful for me to watch him try to play shortstop.
Wishing him a successful career as an outfielder as a pro.
With his speed he can really cover a lot of ground out in CF. May be why he is still in A and AA while he adjusts to that position.